Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Nap Attack

I’ve always been amazed by those chronic awake individuals who can drive a car on less than eight hours sleep. People say eight hours of sleep for healthy adult human beings is a must. I belief so cause I’ve often cursed a lot when im lack that eight hours. Why can’t I sit in the office without bobbing my head down close to a snoring, jolting semi-sleep? Why do I look at any horizontal surface beckoning me, teasing me with its physics?

I remember afternoons in Kindergarten when the entire class was forced to take thirty-minute naps on Sesame Streets  mats, why can't there be a mat here now!

In the past I had taken naps in my parked car anywhere, anytime, with anyone watching. I can nap sitting up straight with one foot behind my head upside-down on the toilet, if that’s what the circumstances require. It’s my instinctual act of survival, the will to preserve the limited energy I’m allotted per 24 hour period. I sleep to live! Throw me a mat, this time with a pillow!

No comments:

Google